A registered dietitian (RD) can be included as part of an employer-sponsored care team. They are trained in and provide Medical Nutrition Therapy across all ages in the prevention of chronic disease and nutrition-related health conditions as well as promote general wellness using the science and understanding of food and nutrition. They are the go-to professional for nutrition therapy including but not limited to:
- Weight management
- Diabetes care
- Heart-healthy nutrition
- Metabolic syndrome
- Prevention of disease using food and nutrition
Registered dietitians at Marathon Health provide one-on-one and group education, in-depth nutrition assessment and coaching following evidence-based practice. Nutrition assessment and coaching within Marathon Health incorporates successful strategies, like Motivational Interviewing, to improve health outcomes and is derived from sound nutrition research, national guidelines and policies, analysis of clinical experience, while using the specialized knowledge and skills of the RD experts.
A registered dietitian will provide:
- Individualized nutrition counseling
- Diet recommendations and education based on health status and goals
- Medical Nutrition Therapy for disease management and prevention (diabetes, cancer, obesity, lipid management, autoimmune issues, hypertension, etc.)
- Drug/nutrient interaction and supplement education
- Macro and micronutrient education
- Lifestyle and behavior change focused on diet
- Evidence-based approach debunking nutrition and diet myths
A registered dietitian has completed multiple layers of education and training established by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).